Comment on page
Sync files to Oort DSS
This is a user guide to tell you how to sync your files from other clouds (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, etc.) to Oort DSS using the Rclone tool.
Rclone is a command-line program to manage files on cloud storage. It is a feature-rich alternative to cloud vendors' web storage interfaces. Over 40 cloud storage products support rclone including S3 object stores, business & consumer file storage services, as well as standard transfer protocols.
Rclone has powerful cloud equivalents to the unix commands rsync, cp, mv, mount, ls, ncdu, tree, rm, and cat. Rclone's familiar syntax includes shell pipeline support, and --dry-run protection. It is used at the command line, in scripts or via its API.
Rclone is mature, open-source software originally inspired by rsync and written in Go. The friendly support community is familiar with varied use cases. Official Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Brew and Chocolatey repos. include rclone. For the latest version downloading from rclone.org is recommended.
Rclone is widely used on Linux, Windows and Mac. Third-party developers create innovative backup, restore, GUI and business process solutions using the rclone command line or API.
Rclone helps you:
- Backup (and encrypt) files to cloud storage
- Restore (and decrypt) files from cloud storage
- Mirror cloud data to other cloud services or locally
- Migrate data to the cloud, or between cloud storage vendors
- Mount multiple, encrypted, cached or diverse cloud storage as a disk
- Analyze and account for data held on cloud storage using lsf, ljson, size, ncdu
- Union file systems together to present multiple local and/or cloud file systems as one
Here, we will provide detailed configuration steps for the main cloud storage providers such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud, and others. The configuration process for other cloud storage providers is similar to these main ones. You can refer to the configuration steps of the main providers for your own configuration.