A Web3 Data Cloud
Oort is a community-powered decentralized data cloud to help build and scale applications with best-in-class security and cost efficiency.
Our name, Oort, is taken from Oort Cloud, the theoretical edge of our solar system and human civilization.
Introducing Oort, the Web3 Data Cloud
Oort is dedicated to powering global Web3 growth with scalable data solutions.
Build, scale, and manage data-driven applications on the decentralized infrastructure (layer-1 blockchains and geo-distributed cloud nodes) is costly and complex for the following reasons 👇
- The lack of Web3 dev tools
- The lack of decentralized data archiving and querying solutions
- Connecting dApps to blockchains is costly in time and money
Connecting a dApp to ablockchain takes one full-time engineer for 3 months plus $150K+ in cloud service expense
Oort offers the most powerful Web3-native tools on the near-infinite decentralized cloud resources to help build and scale applications with best-in-class security and cost efficiency.
Save up to 80% by utilizing Oort’s optimized decentralized infrastructure resources around the globe.
Enjoy AWS-comparable SLA with enhanced reliability and security. Our patented proof of Honesty (PoH) algorithm guarantees the reliability of the storage and compute resources in a trustless environment.
Develop easier and faster with Oort’s Web3-native tools and templates that enable easy access, management, and analysis of real-time data from major blockchains and off-chain data resources.
Work and collaborate seamlessly with experts worldwide to build and develop Oort ecosystem. All contributions are rewarded.
Oort is a decentralized data cloud built by the community. Oort's system architecture is comprised of three essential parts: the interface layer, the infrastructure Layer, and the community.
Oort's interface layer provides fast query APIs and Web3 native tools and templates to enable a faster transition towards Web3 for developers worldwide.
Oort's infrastructure layer employs an innovative three-tier node architecture that facilitates efficient and reliable hot and cold data services.
The three tiers are:
- Super Nodes: public and private cloud serves
- Edge Nodes: small devices with storage and compute capabilities for homes and offices
- Backup Nodes: the storage nodes of Filecoin, Storj, Crust, and Arweave that have been integrated into Oort
The Oort Layer-1 Olympus Protocol, operating on the infrastructure layer, seamlessly integrates the three-tier nodes worldwide: super nodes, edge nodes, and backup nodes. The patented Proof of Honesty (PoH), one consensus algorithm of Olympus Protocol, enables businesses to run applications on a trustless decentralized infrastructure
The Olympus Protocol is an original DAG-based layer-1 blockchain that provides consensus and incentives to geo-distributed infrastructure nodes around the world.
Oort's global community consists of three identities that are contributing to Oort's network in various ways.
- Service Provider (Interface Layer): develop tools for query APIs, data analytics, management, migration, and templates for NFT, DeFi, etc.
- Infrastructure Provider (Infrastructure Layer): integrate seamlessly with public & private clouds, IPFS nodes, and community-deployed edge devices
- Data Provider: easily and securely access on-chain data from all major blockchains and off-chain data from global sources